If you live in a bushfire affected area, you don’t need to worry about your tax affairs right now.
The ATO have identified impacted postcodes, and will automatically grant deferrals for monthly activity statement lodgements and payments due. You, or your agent, don't need to apply for these deferrals.
If you require other assistance related to the bushfires and your tax affairs you can call the ATO emergency support hotline on 1800 806 218, they can assist you with the following:
- give you extra time to pay your debt or lodge tax forms such as activity statements
- help you find your lost tax file number (TFN) by using methods to verify your identity such as your date of birth, address and bank account details
- re-issue income tax returns, activity statements and notices of assessment
- help you re-construct tax records that are lost or damaged
- fast track any refunds owed
- set up a payment plan tailored to your individual circumstances including interest-free period
- remit penalties or interest charged during the time you have been affected.
Any Spinell Group Pty Ltd clients who have been affected are more than welcome to contact us to discuss any concerns.